Saturday, January 20, 2007

Take the Walk With Me--06/09/07 NYC


In a neighborhood restaurant today, I picked up a small blue brochure for Take Steps Toward Saving Lives, about an event of overnight walk in June, 2007 at New Yor City:


I registered today to be a walker for this cause, something very near and dear to my heart.

To support me as a participant by donating, please go to my Walker Profile Page .

Thank you in advance for your kind support and I will hold it dear to my heart.

Hope you can spread the word, join me for the walk, or be there at the closing line, with smiles, at dawn.

2 Comments:

Blogger chris miller said...

I'm sure that cash would be far more welcome than encouragement - buthere's some encouragement anyway.

Of all the causes of death and disability in our part of the world, suicide seems to be one where treatment can be most effective, and where
lack of treatment can be the most devastating for everyone involved.

6:53 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

Chris

All kind of ecounragement is important and critical for this cause. This is my way of supporting a cause that may help many people that I know or care have suffered from the darkness of depression, myself included. I was not a good support before and susequently realized how little people understand or can responde to this in the right way. It is a personal journey for me.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home