Friday, January 19, 2007

Moments About Little Children

We were lying in bed, late at night, after sex. We were holding hands while having our eyes closed. We were silent for a bit, savoring it.

You said that night: "Let's have a baby." It took a lot for you to say that finally--I had been the one who was asking for it all all along--you came in me for the first time without any protection, mentally or phsyically.

"I could never be those surburban moms like in Little Children. It is a depressing life."
"Well you don't have to be. " You mumbled.

"Do I have lots of choices?"

"Yes", You said with your eyes closed.

"Say it. " I bagan to smile in the white darkness of the midtown city light.

"You, could be a surburban mom, or an urban mom, or, a rural mom."

We chuckled together. I rolled over and held you, kissing the corner of your mouth, "Yes, that is lot of choices."

It is moments like those that came back to me more and more these days.

Silly, sweet but true moments that brought us closer than anything else. Moments that we sometime forget, but will surface at the most unlikely time, which will make me stop in the mid of a sentence, and feeling a little bit of crying and smiling.

2 Comments:

Blogger -J said...

Do you ever feel like throwing up in your mouth a little?

4:14 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

Always,,,actually went to see my doctor today for this. He has no treatment for me.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home