Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine


Rome, The Open City

Me:

Seriously, you do not have to see me today although I am cute today, but please answer my question about English grammar as I am trying to assimilate:

What is the REAL difference between "I have been thinking about you" and "I thought of you"?

D:

"I have been thinking about you" and "I thought of you" are basically the same thing.

When one says "I thought of you" it means "at this moment of time, when such-and-such happened, I thought of you."

When one says "I have been thinking about you" it implies "I've been lolling around daydreaming about you."

Ultimately, though, when I thought of you by definition it is true to say that I have been thinking about you.

And, truth be told, I have been thinking about you.

Batman Returns

D:

The bats have been retired...and they've been replaced by a ghost.

He breezes through the 17th floor, slips past your office and, failing to catch a glimpse of you, dissolves again into mist.

Me: Hold it. Don't leave me just yet. I am almost done....;-)

D: He is dissolving…

Me: Master of distraction….are you still here?

D: Just barely.

Forbidden Love Burns Like Fire

Me: Who is it that were in my office, prince of evil making a come-back to keep the game going or a hesitant man finally decide to reveal little affection?

D: Can’t I be both?

You were so achingly pretty today. And in the elevator, when you smiled at me, it was all I could do to keep from pulling you close and putting my hands all over you.

Now I have to concentrate on work, and I find I cannot.

Me: Who suggested this coffee or lunch idea, is it me? I don't want this any more. I can not take the torture. I have to be held by you. Not in the distance of that close but can not touch you or being touched by you. I do not know what to do.

Concentration has not been my strength for a long time by now. Welcome to my world.

D: Sounds like a dull business subject, but is that what I mean?

Ah, the smell of you. It's still with me.

Me: Got distracted yet again--OK, the consulting firm which locates at 101 Park is Booz Allen Hamilton, where I first officially got to know you, for the record.

You Don't Call, You Don't Write

D: Tried to call you.

But the line was busy.
Were you talking to a friend?
When I tried again much later
Didn't want to let it ring again

Alongside the subject line those are lyrics to a song called "Winona" by Matthew Sweet.
It's what I thought of when I called you at home tonight.

We Are Going to Spain, Even You Will Lose Your Legs

Me: Let's go to Spain.

D: See the bomb in Madrid in the news.

Me: Shihhh...we are going.

D: Fine. But when both my legs get blown off in a bombing, you're going to feel sooooo guilty. Actually, that's probably what you want so I'm shorter than you.

I imagine it would be difficult. I've never dated a woman who is taller than me. The only time I've even come close was a a couple times I've dated women who were taller when they wore heels.

You would have to have really, really, really high heels to accomplish that feat. Feat? Feet? Har har har har!

Me: I really don't need heels to reach any feat or feet, any man who wants to kiss me just have to bend down or holds me up and I believe it is something that they are dying to do. ;-0

And by being not so over "size" is the advantage that I can date any man from 5 feet to 6 feet 4 with or with out heel, and that is lots of man to date with and we call that scaleability and roll out potential. ;-0

And if you think I am too short for you, just say it. You should feel lucky that I don't think you are too tall for me.

I personally think our height are perfect, 5"9 is my goldern criteria from now on. When I kiss you, I just need to raise my heel a little. I would not want to climb a tree to do just that.

Your short friend



D: Just woke up to use the bathroom and got your message which made me laugh a lot.


At A Loss for Words

D:

I'm at a loss for words, V.

That's a lot when you consider it's me who's saying this.

I'm at a loss for words.

Me:

That really means a lot that D is deprived of capability of saying anything smart--I like it.

It was like a dream the second part of last night, what did we do? My memory is a blur right now. But I know I love it.

I remember I slapped you. Did you ask me "would this get into something good" or not? I was truly drunk. I don't know why, I did not really drink that much, maybe I was too torn? But it was good.

Thinking of Red Spy at AIX

D: After leaving the office I came to--where else?--AIX. I ate cheese and drank a lovely red and read my Haruki Murakami book. And I thought of you.

I'm starting to resent you for constantly invading my thoughts. ;-)

But with each passing day we draw closer to your procedure--we won't call it surgery and that's that--and I get concerned.

I won't say "I love you" right now because then you'll think I love you.

Oh. Crap. Fine. I love you. But let's pretend I don't. My government will arrest me as a spy.

Me:

It is funny. I was fantasizing that I meet you at AIX after you get off the plane...I can read your mind now, or we feel and think alike. That is worse punishment that your gov is giving you, you are invaded by a red. Mission accomplished by me.:)

I love you too.

6 Comments:

Blogger chris miller said...

You have such an exquisite memory for that which delights and torments you!

By my reading of 10th C. Buddhism, if you were to die tomorrow, you (like all those in love), would go straight to hell.

11:45 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

For buddists, having any feelings equals living in hell, so I am there already,don't have to wait until I die. And again, that means i don't have to behavor so that I could aovid going to hell in after life, it makes this life somewhat easier.

I know what you mean. Chris. Just enjoy the delights part.

12:47 PM  
Blogger chris miller said...

The footnotes to my Arthur Waley version of Genji inform us that, when referring to music, the Japanese word for "beautiful" also means "sad"

Which also seems to apply to NYR storytelling.

2:01 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

I know the exact chinese word for that. Will get it for you later. I have to take what you said as a compliement, or admit guilty as charged. ;-)

But this posting does not mean to be sad, they are lovely memories that still make me smile today and realized how lucky I have been, and how witty we were, or we could get when we are in love. That is the right Valentime spirit, not sadness. Love is great in that it brings to life the you that you don't even know exist before.

2:35 PM  
Blogger deezee said...

This is amazingly beautiful. I love its free form...

2:48 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

Thanks, Deezee. It means a lot that you think it beautiful, you write so beautifully too....

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home