Monday, October 24, 2005

A Sunday Spent in Brooklyn

I went to Brooklyn by subway for the second time ever yesterday. It was a beautiful experience.

First, I went to a hairstylst apartment for a hair cut. The apartment was near a park, on Willoughby Avenue and Calton. She was not cheap, referred by my friend. I decided to try her out because I really like my friend's hair cut.

The hairstylist's husband was a chef, European looking, a smoker. I saw half of his ass the moment I walked into their apartment. He was lying on the couch watching TV while his wife cut my hair.

They have a cat that is called Luci and she is so curious, cautious and quiet. I like her white fur under the neck and on her feet, like four little boots. She tiptoed around and stared at me with her blue eyes.

I have not determined whether I like my new haircut yet, I got slightly mixed feedback, although everybody think I look Different. But they are definitely nice people, fun and hard working. And their apartment feel and smell like a home, not like the building I live in, cold, stylish, lack of any smell of human and family cooking.

After that, one of my friend who I used to work with picked me up in her SUV and we went for Sunday brunch. She wore a straw hat and a colofully-woven poncho, she looked great.

I need to shop for hats. I need to go shopping. I have not done any shopping for clothes or shoes or hats for months. I call that serious depression or lack of vigor in life.

We went to a South American restaurant on the corner of Claton and Dekalb. Afternoon sunlight poured in via the big window. We sat across a wooden table, ordering food from a menu that was a piece of cardboard in its previous life. Nelson Mendela smiled at me from the wall. It reminded me of the portaits of Chairman Mao and Marx when I grew up in China.

I have not seen her for a while. I felt good and calm seeing her, sitting there, enjoying the quiet atmosphere of Brooklyn, the part of New York City I have not known and really liked so far.

She told me that she now has 2 children, 1 boyfriend and 4 cats. The mother cat she picked up from her tennis court just had 3 kittens. They named them all using Tennis players's names. But her boyfriend is allegic.

I said I might be able to adopt Agassi.

So I might have a cat soon, a cat from Brooklyn, on top of my new hair cut, as if life is not complicated enough, yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nice blog!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home