Thursday, October 13, 2005

Not For All the Tea in China

When I was on business trip this week, I read this articel about China becoming the Number One Tea Exporter in the world on New York Time.

When my co-worker and I got out of the airport Tuesday night after a long day's meeting, we could not find our pick-up car. It was raining and windy, not a pleasant wait at mid night.

My co-worker said: I am not going to meet the car outside any more, not for all the tea in China. He obviously also read the article.

He winked at me and said: you never heard this? We say it all the time when we grow up here. It means, no bloody way. He is in his early 50s. Maybe this is a old term.

It made me smile. I remember there are all kind of talking or saying like this that you told me about which you used when you grow up here, that is related with China. You drew lots of fun educating me.

I had no idea. I was so foreign. But it was part of the fun of being a new comer, you remain amazed with new things and the pleasure of coming to know.

I will not trade this experience of immigrant with any other, not for all the tea in China.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYE said...

Good Afternoon!

Just found another really cool Thomas here, watched this movie on IFC. Hal Hartley's Amateur.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800240077&cf=info&intl=us.

Love it.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home