Friday, October 07, 2005

The Morning I Need to be Seen


It is Friday morning. I took a cab to work, avoiding waiting in the humid subway stations wondering about who looks like terrorists.

I was at work around 8:04. My client will call me around 8:30. He made it clear that it will be 5:30 his time in the west coast. I have not tried my best to build a relationship with him. I have not been motivated.

But this will be part of my New Month Resolution--take actions. So here I am in the office at 8:17, having a muffin and a coffee with Soymilk and honey, my new found love, and writing my blog.

In the lobby, I saw that Derek is back-the doorman who used to work at our 675 location. I spent so many weekends working back then and he was usually the only other guy in the building. He brought back lots of memories. I gave him a hug and said: good to see you again.

My floor was dark. Nobody was here yet. My boss who usually will start her day at 7:00, took the day off. I came to work later than people in my level should be, usually. Last two days I have strolled into work around 10:00 or 10:15. Not that I an not a good and hard worker, I am a great one that is why I don't mind being a little late. But the one morning I should be seen that I can be an early one too, she is not there.

A cloudy Friday, warm and friendly, started my weekend of farewells. I am sending off friends back to China.

My friend who is leaving, walked me back to my apartment last night and felt a bit sentimental. "three more days", he said "I am leaving this city in 3 more days." He can not wait to start his great career back home, but it is the city, that is so hard to leave.

Lucky that we have been here. Lucky that I am still here, now, coming to work, early.

Now I shall start working. Have a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger NYE said...

I am over Kurosawa by now, although still love Ran and The Seven Sumari, but I am deep into the redeeming part and don't see an end of it anytime soon.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delete that comment spam (the other two anonymous posters).

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home