Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Random Notes from Ritz Carlton

It sounded like a good hotel, but other than looking old and classic, it does not strike me as that impressive at all.

There is proof. 7 of my clients flying in from other cities did not get their room until 1:30 in the morning last night since their system is down and they could not figure out what room to assign.

I am on business trip at Washington DC area. Just had an early morning of train ride from New York to DC and a long meeting following it. It was a meeting of 30 people.

They are great client, cool people, jouralists, like my father and myself in my previous life, and publishers, they are nicer, smart, and very sincere and funny. I love them, I wish I can do more to them. I truly wish we serve them better--a rare conscience of an agency person, who have not focused so well lately.

I am drunk from drinking too much wine at dinner. After the party broke up, instead of joining some remaining people at the bar, I retreated to my room to go to bed early.

And silence of people that I care saddens me still. That is how I have been built.

But one friend called from LA about my weekend trip there with complicated contingent plans. There are trips that you feel tired of already before you start them. For now, a USC football game, a Hallowen party, a gallery visiting and an architecture viewing are on agenda. I hope it help me remember other important and interestng things in life.

Good night every one. Good night and Good luck.

........

This hotel truly sucks. I did not get my wake up call. Almost miss the shuttle to meeting. That is close. What saved my day is the alarm clock set by some previous tenant which started to talk about Bush at 6:30.

Then on my returning Delta shuttle flight from National Airport to Laguadia, I walked past Dan Rather. He looked older that he did on TV, but he looked great and charming. I always like him. I stared at him for the longest time while pulling my suitcases past him as he took off his Burbury Trench Coat. A brief eye contact made me stop breathing a little.

I thought to myself that if this plane crash and I die, at least the coverage will be longer since I will be among the X number of people who vanished at the same time as Dan Rather, as well as many other great looking people on that plane.

Avoid Ritz Carlton in Mclean, Virginia.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYE said...

Sorry, Thomas. I have been bad as a blogger. Thanks for the motivational comment. ;-)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home