Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Metropolitan Diary


Sharing

I was walking on a quiet back street days ago in a residential neighborhood. It was breezy.

I coughed a little.

I saw a guy walking his huge Labrador in a distance, looking my way. As I got closer, I saw that he was looking at me with a urge to talk.

"Are you sick?"

"No, but I might be getting a cold." I am on the verge of it for a month already.

I smiled a little as I walked pass him, avoiding further eye contact.

He followed me, in a about 3 feet's distance. Then as I sped up, as if saying the most natural thing, he asked loudly and warmly "Do you want to share it?"

........

"No thank you. I better keep it to myself."

Freaky characters out there, I tell you. And don't respond to strangers, girls, even they walk large and friendly dogs.

Relative Virginity

I am admiring my girl friend's new apartment, it is sunny in the evening, facing west. I came to her "Housewarming" party in early March.

"Yes, lovely alright." She said: "But I am still a virgin 'in this space'!"

Using that logic, a girl can be a virgin

-In the upper east side
-Since last wearing that dress
-within the last 10 entries of the blog

The list goes on.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Genius said...

It would be interesting to be a woman (especially a reasonably good looking one). I.e. people trying to make contact with your mind and revealing interesting things about themselves as they do.
Of course that doesn’t mean you should share any germs with them!

Of course, being a baby is pretty fun in it's own way.

5:28 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

It is interesting that we select people we want to share our germs with in the same way that when we want to share our gems...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sir G said...

i like the virginity analysis.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home