Friday, May 12, 2006

Multi Talented Laywer


My laywer is a middle-aged Chinese guy, who studied both in Germany and US, and is currently practicing law in tr-istate area. He is pretty dry and non interesting to talk to, as a typical lawyer. And he speaks English with dialect accent of the part of China he is from.

He was excited on the phone with me today and said "check out my website".

I went and under a navigation bar called "My brandname", I found out that he has a primary school named after him; a table tennis cup named and funded by him (All chinese are good players of table tennis); an aviation page since he is a pilot on the side. He also has funded a computer center in his hometown in China and supports a foundation that is for education of disabled children. The list amazes me.

Then he also has a link called Literature garden--very communist chinese style, when I clicked through it, it has ONE shy poem in it: Love will never die.

Love is like a perfume
that can be smelled and felt when it arrives.
You might suffocate when it is out of sight.
My dearest friend,
look up at the shinning star
shininging in the moonlight.
They will tell you that
Love will never die.
Love is like a wonderland.
In the right spot, it's not forgot!
with solid promises
Love will never die.

It crackes me up, but it also makes me wonder when did he fall in love, besides being a boring lawyer.

A love that becomes the only little flower in his Literature garden, on a website of his law firm.

I think this photo I took some time back on Madison Ave expresses the same sentiment we all feel toward love that will never die.

12 Comments:

Blogger chris miller said...

He must not be a divorce attorney --- I'm not sure that "solid promises" have much to do with
how people experience love.
(great picture BTW -- I like to
think of you wandering through the streets of NY looking for photo
opportunities)

8:33 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

Interesting observation...Chris

He does everything: divorce, business, immigration....etc. I guess he does not limit himself.

Thanks for the comment.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Sir G said...

he's striving after success in the traditional chinese manner: he establishes schools back in his home town, probably supports the clan house, and he feels he has to compose poetry (since all Chinese gentlemen have always done so). it is understandable that he cannot be equally successful in everything. its the thought that counts. :)

i too want to be a Chinese gentleman.

Await my poetic productions with fear and trepidation.

9:14 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

Gawain,

You might be right. Do you remember the Chinese saying: wear your best silk clothes when you go back to the hometown--yi jin huan xiang. He did all that. And I am glad that he is successful and have multiple hobbles--it makes him a bit more colorful than your general civil laywer. And remember Chairman Mao's poetry when he is not busy killing off political opponents....

Looking forward to your poetry.

11:32 PM  
Blogger NYE said...

Multiple hobbies....sorry of my spelling

11:32 PM  
Blogger Sir G said...

i like hobbles as an alternate spelling for hobbies. "hobbies" looks staid and boring.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Genius said...

I don’t suppose you pronounced it that way though.

I like it when people mispronounce words while still carrying the meaning - it gives some texture to language.
*runs for cover from the English police*

7:11 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

I am prime target of English Police...rightfully so.

Welcome Genius!

What a beautiful and inquisitive baby!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home