Thursday, December 08, 2005

Remembering

He would have been 65 years old. Yet he remained forever young. He would have strolled in the park, we may run into him.

He will not be silent. Peace lost a wing, and we lost our voice, the purest. But we come to strawberry field, laying a rose, from time to time.

I can not even go there today, I am away.

Shall we listen to it, again, 25 years after the moment, when a gun shot broke us all, the world.

*
Took a walk down the street
Thru the heat whispered trees
I thought I could hear (hear, hear, hear)
Somebody call out my name as it started to rain

*
Love is the answer and you know that for sure
Love is a flower, you got to let it, you got to let it grow

*
Love is free, free is love

Love is living, living love
Love is needing to be loved

*
A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

*
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one



5 Comments:

Blogger Rommel said...

I think of Lennon, and I get really sad. I grew up listening to the Beattles, but as an adult I matured with his music-"Double Fantasy" is one of my favourite albums of all time. I cherish his music, and I cherish his words-I hear "Imagine", and I see Sam Waterston's character in "The Killing Fields" running to meet his former friend. To me, I have never heard a song that was put to a movie that means more.

And how poiniant is "Happy Christmas(War is Over)" this year?
Do me a favour-If you go to Strawberry fields, please lay a flower on the marker that Yoko has put there. One of these days I will do it myself....

2:10 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

Just reading your describing the killing fields with the music of Imagine put me into tears.

I will go to Strawberry field this weekend and I will lay some flowers. One of them will be from you.....

11:58 AM  
Blogger Rommel said...

Merci Beaucoup, mon dieu. I really appreciate it-one of these days I will also repay the favor.

1:33 AM  
Blogger NYE said...

Geoffrey, you are very welcome and I like your French and your accent! ;-)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Rommel said...

I was reading your comment on my blog, and I would say white. Reason- My grandfather loved roses, and he and I would tend to their rose garden when I was a child. He had all sorts of varieties, but one bush that he loved was a hybred that came from England called the "peace" rose. It was developed right after WW2 in England, and it has a large, elegant, and wonderfull smelling bloom with very few thorns. I read somewhere that the idea was that Europe was so flattened by WW2 that hordaculturists wanted something perfect and clean to represent the clean slate that Europe had become after the defeat of facism and Nazism.

To me, I think of the phrase, "He shall purge me with hysop, and I will be white as snow", from Isaiah(?, not that I am some biblical schollar), as Europe was in need of this then.And look how far they have come...

So my choice, in his memory, and of our dear friend John's is most definately white-the colour of peace and of a pure heart.

Thank you again-you must be one of the more thoughtfull people left in the world-the list is getting shorter every day. :)

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home